Editing Video Files

It is not easy to find usable video editing software for Windows. I am using a digital pocket camera (Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3) that besides still photography also can record hd videos (1280x720 pixels). The video format is of Apple´s QuickTime brand. I have downloaded and tried several trial versions of video editing software. I am using a mini-PC (Acer Aspire One with  Windows XP) with the odd screen resolution of 1024x600 pixels. Some of the best (I think) non-professional editing software did not accept this resolution so I could not try them. Now I am trying to use a trial version of the Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9.0. This software did not accept my hd .mov files and did reduce them to 720x570. The video below is made up by adding and manipulating seven hd .mov files from my camera with the Vegas program. Here in Wikipedia you can find a collection of almost all video editing software available.


Water from Kjell Bergqvist on Vimeo.

But then I found that Sony has a Platinum version of the Vegas program. This version can handle hd video files. Below is the result of adding two hd .mov files and made the program output the result in wmv format.


Water HD Test from Kjell Bergqvist on Vimeo.

Comments